Archive of WODs

2007-12-11

Morning Workout

My morning workouts have changed, well evolved. I used to be content with rowing or running somewhere around 30 minutes in the morning, but now the thought of that sounds so monotonous--especially in the morning.

So, now what does my morning workout look like?

250m Row
15 Overhead Squats
Dynamic Leg Stretches
250m Row
15 GHD Back Extensions
15 GHD Sit-ups
IT-Oblique-Back Stretches
250m Row
20 Pushups
10 Pullups
Shoulder-Pec Stretches
250m Row
10 Burpees
250m Row
20 1pood Kettlebell SDHP
20 Squats
250m Row
20 Medicine Ball Cleans
20 Snatches
500m Row

The difference between a WOD like 2007-12-09 and this Morning Workout is the pace (and of course the stretching). This entire 'Morning Workout' I aim to exert myself at about a 60-70% pace. I am not looking to wind myself out completely, I am focusing on technique of the exercise and I am making sure that I am taking myself through the full range of motion with all muscle groups.

Because of the slower pace and strethcing, the avergae time of completion to about 20 minutes... which is shorter than my past Morning Workouts, and a far more effective use of time.

Here is the part I like the most about my morning workout, after the third round of stretches (Pec-Shoulder Stretch) the morning workout is completely dynamic. I using a long list of exercises into the workout instead of the ones I displayed. By going back through old calisthenics books I have found.

Since I decided on Monday, December 3 to start working on in the morning, I've been working off the list below & the CrossFit website picking and choosing exercises.

No I've probably done a rendition of this Morning Workout about 5 or 6 times, and personally, I can see myself sticking to this style of waking up a lot easier.

Calisthenics Exercises:
Bowing Handstand Push-Up Push Up Side Bends
Pushing - Facing Wall - Fingertip, Knuckle Chinnies
Grasshopper Push-up hands out - One Leg in Air Hindu Squat
Mountain Climber Falling Down - Wide, Close - Jump Hindu Squat
Table Maker Mountain Jumpers - Explosion to 45 Wall Chair
The Stretcher Head Back Bridge - T-Stance Lunges
Back Bridge Headstand Full Sit-Up - Jumping Lunges
One-legged Toe Touches - with Neck Stretches - Lying No Momentum - Slant Lunges
Reverse Pushups Head Front Bridge Leg Lifts behind Head Heel Stompers
Walk Walking (Back to wall) - Rolling Head Bridge Rugby Ball Push Lying Bicycle
Kneeling Back Bend Hindu Push-Up Superman Lift-Ups One-Leg Deadlift
Whirlish Devil V-Ups Balancing Abdominal Twist


CrossFit WODs

All you need to know.